Our new Olympus DSX 1000 Digital Microscope provides high quality 2D- and 3D-imaging up to 7000x magnification. Hence, the instrument serves as an excellent tool for documentation, analysis, and measurements during failure investigations as well as for regular quality controls.
The 3D-function provides a great depth of field which in many respects makes this instrument similar, but even better than a conventional light microscope. Hence, digital microscopy is widely used for microstructural studies and coating measurements as it provides high quality imaging down to the μm range. The 3D-function also provides excellent topographical information from which various surface and volumetric related parameters can be calculated.
- Detailed 2D- and 3D imaging from 20x-7000x magnification
- Coating thickness measurements
- Microstructure and grain size measurements
- Determining surface parameters such as Sa, Ra, Sz.
- Area fraction of i.e. pores and corrosion pits